Well I spent forever reading this list because in it I found so many characteristics I would hope and pray for in a spouse. I decided to post her list here because it was just so Ca-uteeeeeeeeee! To think, thirty years of marriage and to still be so in love? It is a beautiful thing indeed!
1. He loves God.
2. He fulfills well the admonition in Deuteronomy 6:7 to teach children God’s Word in the course of daily life: “And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” Jeremy has said he gets more out of a conversation with his dad than almost any sermon.
3. He is a wonderful father.
4. He leads gently, not tyrannically or despotically.
5. He has kind eyes.
6. He kills bugs for me.
7. If he drives my car and notices the gas is low, he fills the car up for me.
8. He knows how to fix a multitude of things.
9. He is smart.
10. He can usually handle problems and issues with people firmly but not angrily.
11. He is calm in a crisis and knows what to do or can figure it out in short order.
12. He has a sharp sense of humor.
13. He is very patient with my foibles.
14. He is a great griller!
15. After Thanksgiving dinner he gets the rest of the meat off the turkey and then cleans out the roasting pan.
16. Sometimes he will clean the bathrooms unasked and unexpectedly.
17. He has a strong work ethic. He not only works hard and long to support us, he likes to do his best at any job.
18. He takes good care of his mother.
19. He is generous.
20. He has a lot of financial savvy.
21. He has a lot of sanctified common sense.
22. He is discerning.
23. He is generally more relaxed than I am. I appreciate the counter balance to my tenseness.
24. He can handle most of the technological stuff.
25. He is thoughtful.
26. He is more outgoing than I am.
27. Though he probably would say he doesn’t feel at ease in social situations, he handles them with apparent ease.
28. He is generally more upbeat and cheerful than I am. If he does get into a bad mood of some kind, it doesn’t usually last long.
29. He is still a gentleman.
30. He made this video for me last year to one of my favorite songs: (here she had posted a video of pictures of them over the years that her husband had made for her for their 30th wedding anniversary.)
Numbers 1, 2, 4, and 5 on this list produced the most “oooooohs”, “ahhhhhhs”, and “amens!” from me. Reading this was so inspirational… now excuse me while I go and just dream for an hour or so…